Last sunday Nov 4th was my wedding anniversary. Last year we visited Ghati Subramanya temple with Lakshmi and Satish and had lunch at US Pizza. But this year it was on a Sunday. I knew all the restaurants will be very crowded even if we book our tables in advance. My son wanted Raaga’s pizza and Pineapple juice for breakfast. I was not in the mood to try some thing new, so I made a simple pizza with base from Nilgiris.
For lunch I prepared Chocolate Almond Fudge and Ghee rice with a Potato Baby Corn Curry.This simple breakfast and lunch took so much time as the phones never stopped ringing, with friends and relatives calling to wish us! 🙂 So I could not post these recipes as planned on 4th.
Pizza with Veggie toppings
The Potato Baby Corn curry is my entry for Srivalli’s MW event. I am amazed at the energy and enthusiasm of Srivalli who hosts the event every month and manages her work, blog and home with elan! Thanks for hosting and hats of to you dear! 🙂
Potato babycorn curry with Tandoori masala
- Potato – 1/2 kg
- Baby corn – 1/4 kg
To be mixed for the marinade
- Fresh cream – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste.
- Wash peel and dice potatoes to 1 inch pieces.
- Place baby corn and potatoes in a MW safe container, cover and MW high for 6 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade and add to the cooked potatoes and babycorn. leave for 15 minutes to soak.
- Spread the marinated potato and baby corn on a flat glass MW safe container and MW high for 10 minutes stirring twice in between.
The potato and babycorn are usually arranged on skewers and barbequed on a grill. I changed the method for the MW event and the curry was fantastic. Even those who do not have convection oven can prepare this.
Eggless chocolate almond fudge
After reading a lot about veganism in Kumuda’s blog, I decided to atleast stop using eggs at home. So I took this eggless recipe from my handwritten note book.
- Maida – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 1 table spoon
- Almonds – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Almond essence – 1 teaspoon(optional)
- Powder the sugar. Mix all ingredients to form a smooth cake batter.
- Spread on a greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 180 degree centigrade.
- You can MW high for six minutes if you do not have convection mode. You can spoon into muffin moulds to make cup cakes too.
- Cakes with lot of fruits taste good when baked on low temperature for longer duration than quick baking in high temperature.
- Do not leave the cake in oven once it is baked as the cake will become dry.
- To check if the cake is baked insert a knife and if the knife comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Cake batter should be slightly thicker than idli batter. If it is too thick add little milk. If it is thin add a little flour.
- Curd and baking soda act as leavening agents which is a must for eggless cakes.