A few days back I had promised to make a pickle using the Pickle Podis that I had posted to show how ridiculously easy pickle making can be.
- Mixed Vegetables of choice – 1 1/2 cups (carrot, cauliflower, peas, green chillies, small onions, garlic, radish)
- North Indian Pickle Powder – 3 tbsp (follow link for recipe we posted earlier)
- Olive Oil/ Sesame Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 level tsp
- In a glass bowl toss vegetables with the oil and microwave on high for 2 minutes. The vegetables need to lose some of their water content.
- Add the pickle powder and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate. Consume after two days after vegetables are marinated well.