A big thanks to all my friends who have’nt forgotten me though I disappeared for 2 years! A lot has changed in wordpress. I was shocked to see my blogroll had disappeared. Thankgod I could find with my limited knowledge of computers!
Though I was’nt blogging I did take pictures whenever I prepared something interesting. This is just one of them.
This spicy snack is great on a rainy day.
- Bell pepper (Capsicum)- 2 nos
- Gram flour (besan)- 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Chilli powder – 1tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1/4 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut the capsicum into 1/2cm thick rings.
- In a bowl mix gramflour, riceflour,hing,salt and chilli powder.
- Add around3/4th cup water and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Dip one bell pepper ring into the batter and drop in hot oil.
- Fry both sides till the rings are golden brown.
- Repeat with all the bellpepper rings.
- Serve hot with sauce.
Always keep the flame medium while deep frying.
Gram flour is same as chickpea flour.
For some time I will be posting jst one or 2 recipes a week, till I finish updating the recipe index.🙂