One Thayir pachadi is always included in a tambram menu. My mother used to make one pachadi every day. This is one of them. (Raita in hindi).
Posting this recipe on special request from Kamini of Bubbling Cauldron.
- Potato – 1 no(medium)
- Fresh Curds – 1 cup
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Corriander – 2 twigs
- Ginger – 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped
- Hing – 2 pinches
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the potato. Peel and mash well
- Beat the curds well and add mashed potatoes.
- Add hing salt, finely chopped ginger, coriander and green chillies. Mix well.
- Heat oil add mustard seeds and when it crackles add urad dal and fry till golden. Add to the pachadi.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as a part of your meal.