- Nuts of choice – 300 gms (I used Cashew, Almonds and Walnuts)
- Dry Fruits of choice -200 gms (I used Raisins and Kishmish)
- Potato fingers – 100 gms
- Salt – 1tsp
- Chilli Powder/Cayenne Powder – 1tsp
- Ghee or Clarified Butter – 1 tbsp
- Remove stem from dry fruits like Raisins and Kishmish. Toast separately (i.e. don’t toast raisins and kishmish together) on a stove top with some Ghee till they become crunchy. Drain well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Toast Nuts separately in the microwave. Depending on the nuts and what variety you choose the time will vary. Almonds take more time than Cashews or Pistachios. Therefore nuts should always be toasted separately. Cashews, Almonds and so on should not be toasted together. Method for toasting: Coat nuts of one variety with a little ghee and spread on a flat microwaveable plate or container. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Check after the first 45 seconds and stir. Thereafter stir after every 30 seconds and check for doneness. Keep for an additional 30 seconds if you feel the nuts need more toasting. Timings given are for toasting 100 gms of nuts in a 900 watt oven and are likely to vary.
- Transfer Nuts to the Mixing bowl. Add Potato fingers, salt and chilli powder and mix well.
- Store in an air tight container and munch on them 😀
This post is off to Vee for JFI-Festive Series. I am off on a vacation this week to Shimla. See you all next Monday. Happy Diwali!!