Before we begin with the round up, I’d like to share something – my grandparents have had a petty accident recently resulting in a dislocated elbow requiring operation for my Thatha and an injury in the head for my Paatti. Age seems to have matters worse – the loss of independence and orientation is unimaginable. Latha, my amma, is awfully depressed mostly because she wants her parents to have a peaceful passage to the next world and not suffer for a many years before their death. We request all our blog readers and wonderful friends we have met online to pray for my grandparents and send them healing.
The Festival Cooking Series for Ganesha Chaturthi has about 39 entries which include narratives of celebrations, more on Lord Ganesh, memories and of course recipes. I have briefly indicated the content of each entry that is a “non recipe entry” so that you will get an idea of what the link leads to.
Ganesha loves to eat a lot and he must be one happy well fed kid right now going by the gigantic spreads and thalis that the food blogosphere churned out for him. I have included brief explanations for recipe based submissions wherever the title is too generic to figure out what the link will lead to . Overall each of these posts has a brief narrative of how Ganesha Chaturthi is celebrated and will leave you with a growling stomach.
Padma from Padma’s Kitchen -
- Ganesha Chaturthi Celebrations - Hunger inducing giant spread interspered between accounts of celebrations at her home
- Prasadam for Ganesha Chaturthi - Puja Procedure and Recipes for the Malai Modhak, Kudumullu, Uppu Undrallu, Pala Undrallu, Semiya Payasam, Paramannam, Pulihora, Bengal Gram Patties and Sauted Chick Peas
Roopa from Delectable Delights -
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - Karnataka style Ganesha Chaturthi – don’t forget to drool over the thali
- Anarse / Atrase /Sajjappa – A Deep Fried Cookie?
Srivalli from Cooking for all Seasons – Vinayaka Chaturthi Tradition and Nievedyam for God – Recipes for Neveidyam of Sundal, Kudumulu and Nugul-untallu (Sesame Seeds Laddo).
Cinnamon from Cinnamon Trail -
- Vinayaka Chaturthi – Photos of Ganesha, details of celebrations and Neiveydyam.
- Paramannam (Sweet Rice Pudding)
Bhawna from From my plate – Chawal Ki Kheer
Shilpa from Aayis Recipes -
Siri from Siri’s Corner -
- Preparation for Vinayaka Chavithi – includes links to pdf andaudio clips that help in Pooja
- Neivedyam- Undrallu, Garelu, Payasam
Raaga from The Singing Chef -
If I have forgotten to include someone’s entry or have messed somewhere with the links – do ping in comments.