This rice has a pleasant aroma. Can be packed for lunch.
- Raw rice – 1cup
- Lemon – 1 large
- Green chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – a few
- Bengal Gram dal – 1 tea spoon
- Mustard – 1 tea spoon
- Urad dal – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Red Chilli – 1 (optional)
- Oil – a table spoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos ( cut into pieces)
- Salt -to taste
- Pressure cook rice with 2 cups of water. Each grain should be separate.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard, when it splutters add the bengal gram dal, urad dal, red chillies and add cashews after a while. Fry till golden.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves, fry for a moment and put off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon and take its juice.
- *Take rice in a shallow bowl, add 1 teaspoon ghee, salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder and pour the lemon juice. Add the seasoning from the kadai.
- Mix lightly when rice is slightly cool with a **thuduppu.
Ginger cut it into fine pieces can be added with the seasoning. Will help in digestion.
*Adding ghee helps in separating the rice grains.
**A flat laddle used to turn dosas.
Click here to leave a comment.