How incredibly absent minded can a person get? Today I skipped keeping the rice in the cooker and went ahead and religiously let the steam build and pressure drop only to discover that the rice pan was missing inside. It took me another 20 minutes to figure where I’d kept the rice – washed and filled with water.
I must have broken every other record out there for the height of absent mindedness!!! Now this calls for some celebration and the virtual sharing of sweet treats.
White chocolate truffles anyone?
- White chocolate – 8 oz (chopped with a serrated knife)
- Fresh Cream – 1/4th cup
- Vanilla – 1 tbsp (or flavouring of choice)
- Almonds – 1/4 cup (split into two and toasted)
- Chocolate strands (for outer covering)
- Bring the Fresh Cream to a boil over medium heat.
- Take off heat and pour over the chopped chocolate in medium bowl. Whisk well until the ganache (chocolate mixture) is smooth, silky and shiny.
- Freeze for 3 – 4 hours until the ganache is set. The ganache is well set if its easy to scoop but not sticky.
- Line a tray or flat vessel with parchment or wax paper. Keep a broad bowl with chocolate strands ready.
- Scoop out a small portion, punch in a piece of toasted almond and shape into a round ball using the tips of your fingers.
- Make 5 to 6 such balls approx 1 inch diameter, put into the bowl with chocolate strands and shake to coat all over. Transfer to the tray. Repeat for rest of the ganache.
- Freeze truffles for an hour until set.
Other Recipe Marathoners: