Angayapodi is a powder made with sundakkai vathal and vepampoo. It has medicinal value and is good to eat with rice once in a week. It is helpful in preventing stomach ailments. This podi is always in stock in most Brahmin households in Tamizh Nadu. The measurements and recipe are authentic as it was given by my mother.
1.Sundaikai vethal – 1 cup
- Vepampoo – 1 cup
- Kadugu – 1 tablespoon
- Venthayam – 1 tablespoon
- Milagu – 1&1/2 tablespoons
- Jeeragam – 1 table spoon
- Kothamalli vidai – 2 table spoons
- Perungayam – small piece
- Sukku – small piece
- Milagai vethal – 4
- Karivepilai – 12 leaves
- Ulutham paruppu – 1 tablespoon
- Kadalai paruppu – 1 table spoon
- thuvaram paruppu – 1 table spoon
15 Salt to taste
- Dry roast Vepampoo separately till it browns. Roast sundaikkai till it is almost black.
- Roast the dals together. Roast remaining ingredients together.
- Allow to cool. Add salt and grind to a fine powder. Store in airtight container.
- Serve with hot rice and ghee.