Friends, I am back! I hope I will keep posting new recipes regularly.Why I stopped for almost two years does’nt really matter. Many of you kept sending me sweet letters, trying to get me back to posting new recipes. It is this love and support that made me come back again. Thanks to one and all!
A few days back I prepared this simple Paneer tikka for a TV show. I always wanted to use decorative skewers. I have searched many shops in Chennai and Bangalore in vain. Only simple barbeque sticks are easily available. The first time I made these using stalks from coconut leaves.
Paneer sticks. The table cloth is hand stitched patch work made from leftover material of lakshmi’s frocks.
- Paneer – 200gms (cut into even cubes)
- Bell peppers – 1 each of green, yellow and red.
- Tomato – 2
- Onion – 2
- Carrot – 1
- Baby corn – 2
- Potato – 1
- Thick Curd – 2 tbs
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Any mixed spice of your choice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbs
- Cut the bellpeppers, onions and tomatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into one inch cubes.
- Peel and cut the carrots into rounds.
- Cut the baby corn into one inch pieces.
- MW the carrots, potatoes and baby corn for 2 minutes.
- Mix salt, Turmeric, chilli powder and 1 tsp oil in a bowl.
- Arrange the vegetables and paneer one after the other into the barbeque sticks.
- Spread the curd mixture on all sides and leave for 5 minutes.
- Grease a non stick tawa with 1 tsp oil and place the sticks.
- Close with a lid and cook in low flame for 5 minutes turning after every minute.
- Once the vegetables are soft and paneer turns brown take off the flame.
- Sprinkle your favourite spice powder and serve hot.
You can also make these with tooth picks. Just cut the vegetables and paneer into smaller cubes.
You can use any other vegetables of your choice.
Watch me on Srisankara TV on saturday June 26th at 1 pm IST. You can also view in the web at srisankaratv.net (timings are same)
For my friends in other countries I have requested the channel to retelecast at a time convenient for them. Will let you know timings soon.