My love for chocolates is severely understated on this blog. I haven’t really posted too many chocolate recipes, mostly because either I eat chocolate neat or because anything I prepare with cocoa or chocolate disappears in no time.
This recipe has been adapted from Mandira’s mom’s recipe that we used for preparing the chocolate half of the marbled cake at Baking Buddies. I have hiked up the cocoa , decreased the sugar and used butter instead of fresh cream since it yields a better crust and finally replaced the eggs with milk.
As you can see from the photograph above, much of the dome sinks in time. Most eggless muffin recipes get a nice dome, however I have never been able to get an eggless chocolate muffin with a dome intact even after the muffins cool down.
Makes: 6 muffins
- Cocoa – 1/2 cup (unsweetened)
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (can go upto 3/4 of a cup if you prefer a sweeter muffin, though it won’t be a dark chocolate muffin anymore)
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Cooking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla – a few drops
- Grease a 6 mould muffin tray. Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Sift the flour and cocoa with cooking soda and baking powder.
- Powder the sugar. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add milk and vanilla. Fold the flour-cocoa mix into this to get your batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin moulds.
- Bake at 220 C for 30 minutes.
Dense, dark, decadent chocolate muffins for the Recipe Marathon.
Check my fellow recipe marathoners: