Thanks to all my blogger friends for their sweet comments and for eagerly waiting for more recipes from the yum blog! :)
My mother became seriously ill in mid february and was hospitalised for more than three weeks. I was in Gurgoan, taking care of my mother in the hospital during day time. In the past few days, I have learnt a lot about balanced diet, physiotherapy, some info on medical science and a few yummy andhra recipes from my sister in law Padma.
You give anything to an andhra lady, she will prepare a pachadi ( thogayal or chutney) out of it! :) Here’s the recipe for venthaya keerai thogayal( Fenugreek leaves chutney), Padma prepared for me.
Fenugreek leaves chutney.( Venthaya Keerai Thogayal)
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1/2 cup
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Hing – a small piece
- Tamarind – 2 inch piece
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Wash and drain the fenugreek leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry urad dal, mustard seeds, hing and redchillies till golden.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and fry for 3 minutes on a medium flame stirring continously.
- Allow to cool. Add salt and tamarind and grind to a coarse chutney.
This chutney tastes good with rice, rotis and any southindian tiffins.