Though I cook most of the dishes in the MW, I never bother to take pictures. So I could’nt post anything for Srivalli’s MW event this (LAST) month. Today I prepared sabudhana khichidi in MW to send this late entry to Srivalli. Srivalli has been kind enough to accept my late entry. I have decided to repay her kindness by treating her with Naan and Malai kofta when I visit Chennai on 15th of this month! 😀
- Sabudhana (sago) – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 large finely chopped
- Curry leaves – 1 twig
- Coriander leaves – 1 twig
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli – 2 nos
- Groundnut – 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the sabudhana for 1/2 hour
- MW the groundnuts for 3 minutes and crush to form a coarse powder.
- In a MW safe container, pour the oil and add chopped onion, coriander leaves, curry leaves and redchillies and MW high for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the sabudhana and add to the onions. add salt, mix well and MW high for 5 minutes stirring once every minute.
- You can cover and cook for 2 minutes if the sago does’nt become transperant. Add crushed groundnuts and mix well. Serve with a pickle of your choice.
I am also sending Oil free groundnut snack for the MW event