This thogayal can be mixed with white rice or can be had as a side dish for curd rice.
Preparation time : 15-20 minutes
Serves : 2
- Pudina leaves – 1 small bunch
- Curry leaves – 3 twigs
- Ginger – 1 inch piece.
- Urad dal – 2 table spoons
- Red Chillies -2 no
- Green chillies -1 no
- Mustard – 1 tea spoon
- Oil – 1 tea spoons
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the pudina leaves and curry leaves ,drain well.
- Wash and Chop the ginger into small pieces.
- Heat two tea spoons of oil in a kadai.
- Put the pudina leaves, curry leaves and fry for 2 minutes.
- Before removing it from fire add ginger to it.
- Keep this aside and allow to cool.
- Now add 2 tea spoons of oil in a kadai and put mustard, after it splutters add the urad dal, red chillies and fry till golden.
- Add green chillies.Remove this from fire.
- Now first grind this coarsely and add the pudina,curry leaves and ginger to this, add salt and grind smoothly, by adding a little water.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge and serve with rice or dosas.
I mix this with curds and serve as a pachadi(dip, raita)