Yippie! we have touched 10000 hits! Thanks to all of you who have been reading our recipes, we hope they turned out to be a “yummy” experience for you too!
Posting sweets to celebrate our 10000th hit within 45 days of blogging!
Theratti paal is the tamizh name for kala kand. It is a royal sweet, never to be missed for most important occasions. The mother in law welcomes her daughter in law with this sweet. I would call this as the Maharani of sweets. And this sweet can be incredibly simple to make in a microwave.
Will update with pictures soon.
The maharani is on her way.
- Milk – 1 litre( full cream)
- Sugar – 4 table spoons
- Cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- In a microwave safe glass bowl (Borosil) pour the milk and micro high for 6 minutes.
- Reduce the power level to 600 watts and micro for 30 minutes stirring in between (once in 5 minutes) and breaking the cream layer to get a smooth consistency.
- Add sugar and continue cooking in the same temperature for 10 to15 minutes till the therattipaal is thick.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer to an airtight container and serve in small katories.
Stirring and breaking the thick layer of cream is a must once in every five minutes.
The therattipaal will become thicker when it cools.