Puri and Kurma by vijisriram
This evening tiffin can be prepared within 15 minutes. We have to cut the vegetables previous day and store in fridge in tupperware containers. Below given is the recipe for puri and kurma for two people.
For the puri
- Atta – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 cup (for deep frying)
- Water – 1/2 cup
For the kurma :
- Carrots – 1
- Potatoes – 2
- Beans – 50 grams
- Coconut grated – 1 tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Roasted gram – 1 tea spoon
- Sunflower oil – 1 tea spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – a few
All the vegetables are previously cut and stored .
Potatoes, beans and carrots cut into medium size cubes and Onions chopped finely and tomatoes also cut finely and stored in the fridge.
- First mix atta with a tea spoon of ghee and salt.
- Knead it into a dough by adding water to it.
- Make 8 small balls from the dough.(Total 3 minutes)
- Take the already cut vegetables (carrot, beans and potatoes) from fridge.
- Micro wave high adding 1 teaspoon oil,1 tablespoon water and 2 pinches of hing for 4 minutes
- When the vegetable is cooking in the micro wave, Grind Coconut(grated), green chillies and roasted gram to a smooth paste.
- Grind onion and tomato into a smooth paste.
- Put on both the burners of the gas stove and keep in low flame.
- Keep oil for frying puris in one, and heat kadai for kurma in the other and pour 2 tea spoons of sunflower oil.( 4 minutes)
- First put the onion tomato paste, ginger garlic paste, fry for 1/2 minute till raw smell goes.
- Now, add the coconut, chilli, roasted gram paste allow it to fry for 1/2 minute, add the cooked vegetables and salt.
- Allow this to simmer for 2 minutes
- Garnish the gravy with coriander leaves.(3 minutes)
- Now start rolling the puris.
- Put the puri,in the kadai of oil which is heated well, wait for a second, so that the puri becomes fluffy.
- Now turn the puri again cook it for a few seconds.
- Remove it from fire.Make rest of the puris in the same way.(5 minutes)
Serve hot with puris.
Since we have cut the vegetables previously, cooking time for the gravy will be 7 minutes. And puris can be prepared within 8 minutes.
- Keep all the cut vegetables into a micro safe bowl .
- Add water and cook at micro high for 4 minutes.
- Keep this aside.
- Add oil in a micro safe vessel, add onion tomato, ginger garlic paste to it.
- Cook in micro high for 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut, chilli, roasted gram paste to it, add the cooked vegetables and salt.
- Cook in micro high for 3 minutes.
Garnish this kuruma with coriander leaves and serve hot with puris.
Puris can be prepared immediately, after the dough is made.
If lukewarm water is added to knead the dough, puris will be soft for a very long time.