10000th hit within 45 days of blogging surely calls for celebration, what say? 🙂 . So here’s a sweet.
Payasams can be quite boringly the same? Try this different and healthy kheer using carrots.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
- Carrots – 250 grams
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Badam nuts – 5
- Milk – 1 litre
- Saffron – a pinch
- Elaichi powder – a pinch
- Sugar – 3 table spoons
- Peel the skin of the carrots.
- Cut them into medium sized cubes.
- Pressure cook them.
- Soak badam and cashews in hot water and skin the badams.
- Now heat a heavy bottomed pan add the milk and bring it to boil.
- Simmer the stove and wait till 1 litre of milk gets reduced to 3/4 ths of a litre. Stir in between.
- Now grind the carrots, badam nuts and cashew nuts into a smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste, elaichi powder and saffron to the boiling milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar to it and put off the flame.The heat of the payasam is sufficient to melt the sugar.
Now the kheer is ready. Transfer it to a serving bowl.
This can be kept in the fridge and served cool also. It can also be served hot after preparation.