This tasty side dish and can be served hot with rotis, puris and ghee rice.
Serves : 2
Preparation time : 30-45 minutes.
- Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
- Potato – 150 grams
- Onions – 2
- Tomato – 2
- Chilli powder – 1 tea spoon
- Dhania powder- 1 tea spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tea spoon
- Badam Nuts – 2
- Cashew Nuts -2
- Grated coconut – 1 table spoon
- Oil – 7 tea spoons
- Salt – to taste
- Kasoori methi – a pinch
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and wash them with lukewarm water .
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into small cubes and pressure cook them.(Add the required salt ).
- Chop the onions finely.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Now heat 2 tea spoons of oil in a kadai and add the cauliflower florets, add salt to it, sprinkle water, cover it with a lid and cook.
- After it is done, keep it aside.
- Now heat 3 tea spoons of oil and roast the onions and tomatoes till the raw smell goes.
- Add badam, cashew nuts , chilli powder,ginger garlic paste, dhania powder, salt to it.
- Before removing it from fire add the grated coconut.
- Remove from fire and allow to cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients into a smooth paste, by adding a little water
- Now heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a kadai, add the ground paste, cooked potatoes and cauliflower and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish this gravy with a pinch of kasoori methi.
Transfer it to a serving bowl. Serve hot.
You can use ghee instead of oil.
We can omit potatoes.
This gravy can also be done with capsicum and potato combination.