I offer this to the Lotus Feet of The Supreme Mother Goddess RajaRajeshwari.
Many tamilians also do MaaVillakku puja on one of the Aadi Velli Kizhamai. For the benefit of the families who have this practice, I have given the recipe for a small MaaVillakku.
We usually light the Maa Villakku on a Purattasi Sani Kizhamai.
- Rice – 2 cups
- Jaggery – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2 nos
- Honey – 2 table spoons
- Grated coconut – 2 table spoons
- Ghee – 2 table spoons
- Wick – 4 inch length.
- Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
- Drain well and spread on a white cloth.
- Grind the rice in a heavy duty mixer a little at a time and seive.
- When all the rice is ground, mix with powdered jaggery’ honey, grated coconut and cardamom.
- On a plate shape this dough in to the shape of a lamp or villakku. Pour ghee and place a wick.
- Light the wick and offer your prayers.
Hope all viewers who visit my site for this specific purpose find it useful. Please do let me know your views.