This rasam is so soothing on a rainy day. Helps in digestion.
- Ginger – 2 inch piece.
- Tomato – 1 no (optional)Cut into 8 pieces
- Bengal Gram dal – 1 tea spoon
- Pepper corns – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Tamarind – small lemon sized
- Rasam podi – tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves – 1 twig
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Soak tamarind in warm water and squeeze the pulp adding 1 cup water.
- Add rasam podi, Tomato and salt and bring to boil.Simmer till the tamarind smell goes.
- Roast bengalgram, pepper corns and corriander seeds in 1 teaspoon oil and grind it with grated ginger.
- Add the ground pate and 1 cup water to the simmering rasam and bring to boil.
- Garnish it with curry leaves fried in ghee.
- Serve hot with rice or in mugs.
Click here to comment.