This more kuzhambu is specially made during festivals.
Cooking time 10 minutes.
- Curds 1 cup.
- White pumpkin cut into 1 inch cubes 1 cup.
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon.
- Hing powder 1/4 teaspoon.
- Toor dal 1 tablespoon.(soaked)
- Corriander seeds 1 and 1/2 teaspoons.
- Channadal 1 and 1/2 teaspoons.
- Red chilli 1 no.
- Methi seeds 1/2 teaspoons.
- Oil 1 teaspoon.
- Grated coconut 2 tablespoons.
- Salt to taste.
- For garnishing 2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 twig curry leaves.
- Soak the toordal in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Fry the corrianderseeds, channadal, methi and redchilli in 1 teaspoon oil till golden.
- Grind the toordal, fried ingredients along with coconut in to a fine paste adding a little water.
- Cook the pumpkin adding 1/2 cup water, hing and turmeric powder, on a medium flame, till soft.
- Beat the curd well.Add the paste, salt and mix well. Add to the cooked pumpkin and cook for 4 minutes in a medium flame stirring in between.
- Garnish with mustard seeds and curry leaves fried in 2 teaspoon sesame (til) oil.
- Place the pumpkin in a microwave safe container, add hing, turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons water and cook in micro high for 4 minutes.
- Mix the curd, ground paste and salt to the pumpkin. Add 1/4 cup water and micro high for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with mustard seeds and curry leaves fried in 2 teaspoon sesame(til)oil.
Transfer to a serving bowl.
PS you can substitute Pumpkin with any other vegetable of your choice.