I happen to hit upon a bunch of random recipes while doodling in the kitchen – perhaps some of these may be similar to existing dishes in some cuisine. Here’s one of them:
Cauliflower (medium sized, washed thoroughly and cut into florets)
Turmeric Powder1/4 teaspoon.
Red Chillies – 2 nos
Grated Coconut – 2 tablespoons
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Tomato – 1 medium sized
Salt to taste
Mustardseeds 1/2 teaspoon
Oil for cooking 1 table spoon.
Corriander leaves 2 twigs.
1. Parboil the Cauliflower. You can microwave on high for 6 minutes or cover and cook with 1/2 cup water on a medium flame for 10 minutes.
2. Grind red chillies, coconut, fenugreek seeds and tomato into a fine paste.
3. Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a Kadai and add mustard seeds.
4. Add the cauliflower florets, turmeric powder after the mustard seeds crackle.
5. Roast on a medium flame for a few minutes. Remove from fire and keep aside.
6. Heat 1 teaspoon oil on a medium flame and add salt, tomoato-fenugreek paste and fry till it becomes thick stirring continously. Add the roasted cauliflower florets and coat evenly with the thick paste. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with finely chopped corriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rotis or Rice.