Microwave cooking is very useful as it saves a lot of time. All of us experience some difficulties while using this new mode of cooking. Hope these tips will help.
1. There is no need to add too much water while boiling vegetables. Sprinkling 1 or 2 tablespoons water will do.
2. Never heat only oil in the microwave. You mix it with other ingredients and cook. eg. the seasoning.
3. Know the wattage of your microwave as it will help adjusting the cooking timings.
4. Timing should also be adjusted depending on the quantity of food cooked. Small quantities like 1 cup will require 1 minute to warm.
5.While reheating the food from the fridge always stir the contents once as the fat settled at the top mixes well.Other wise the fat tends to catch fire.
6. Always check and stir the contents in between to allow even cooking.
7. Microwave is like having one more stove, and if we use it wisely we can save time and fuel.
For any other queries please leave a comment and you will get a reply with in a few hours.
This is my entry to Srivallis MW basics event