Potato podimas is usually prepared on festival days. It can be prepared quickly with just a teaspoon of oil.
- Potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Coconut – 2 tbs grated
- Curry leaves – 1 twig
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbs chopped
- Green chili – 1no
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Cashew – 4 to 5 chopped ( Optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbs ( optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Wash and pressure cook the potatoes. Peel the cooked potatoes and mash well.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds. When it crackles add urad dal and cashew.
- Saute till golden. Add chopped curry leaves and green chili.
- Saute for a minute and add the mashed potatoes. Mix well.
- Add salt and coconut and mix well.Take off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.( Optional)
- Decorate with chopped coriander leaves.