Thanks to all my blogger friends for their sweet comments and for eagerly waiting for more recipes from the yum blog!
My mother became seriously ill in mid february and was hospitalised for more than three weeks. I was in Gurgoan, taking care of my mother in the hospital during day time. In the past few days, I have learnt a lot about balanced diet, physiotherapy, some info on medical science and a few yummy andhra recipes from my sister in law Padma.
You give anything to an andhra lady, she will prepare a pachadi ( thogayal or chutney) out of it! Here’s the recipe for venthaya keerai thogayal( Fenugreek leaves chutney), Padma prepared for me.
Fenugreek leaves chutney.( Venthaya Keerai Thogayal)
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1/2 cup
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Hing – a small piece
- Tamarind – 2 inch piece
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Wash and drain the fenugreek leaves.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry urad dal, mustard seeds, hing and redchillies till golden.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and fry for 3 minutes on a medium flame stirring continously.
- Allow to cool. Add salt and tamarind and grind to a coarse chutney.
This chutney tastes good with rice, rotis and any southindian tiffins.