The whole month of november I wanted to cook from other blogs! But then I get tempted to participate in the various events. Hosts of our events are so funny! Srivalli says I want something cooked in MW! Easycraft says don’t touch any electrical device! Sra wants grindless gravies and Suganya says no to milk and butter! Bee says when you cook it should look beautiful! Nothing less than a traditional feast would do for Meeta and Zlamuksha wants the food to be gift wrapped! Ginger is a must for Sunita! Sangeetha wants khana from a Bihari Ghar!
Have I gone mad! Not at all! Just listing the few events I like to participate so that I need not visit Asha’s blog and get scared seeing her spookytacular halloween post!
For Easycrafts powerless event I decided to cook something for breakfast so that I need not use the electrical bulb! Thanks for hosting the event easycrafts!
Stuffed Gobi Parathas
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 1 teaspoon
For the filling
- Cauli flower – 1 medium sized
- Onion – 1 medium sized
- Coriander leaves – 2 twigs
- Greenchillies – 3 nos
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 3 teaspoons
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mix the wheat flour with salt, ghee and required amount of water to make a stiff dough*.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into 1 inch flowerets. finely chop the onions, greenchillies and coriander.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the onions, coriander leaves and green chillies. Saute for a minute and add the cauliflower.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Sprinkle some water and cover and cook on a medium flame.
- Once the cauliflower is soft, open a cook till the curry becomes dry.Allow to cool for 10 minutes**.
- Make 2 inch balls out of the dough and roll using a little flour. Roll the outer edges thin leaving the center slightly thick to make a 8 inch circle.
- Place some curry in the center close and press the edges to seal as shown in picture. Smear some flour and roll lightly to form a circle.
- Cook both sides on a tawa over a medium flame till brown spots appear. apply 1/2 teaspoon ghee for each paratha.
- Serve with curds and pickle.
*The flour should be stiff as the curry will be moist.
**The cauli flower should be well cooked. Rolling will be easier if the curry is cool.
I will be away at chennai with my daughter and son in law till 17th. I will come back and check all your posts. Have a great weekend and please, please leave your lovely comments!