Ragi Rotti with Uchellu Podi
- Ragi flour – 2 cups
- Fresh Sabakki Soppu (Dill) or Fresh Coriander – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Onions – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 2 finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients except the Oil and knead into a smooth soft dough. The dough is a softer than Wheat flour Roti dough. Divide the dough into 2 inch diameter balls and set aside.
- Spread a plastic sheet/ banana leaf on a smooth surface. Grease with a drop of oil. Take a ball of the dough and pat into a round pancake of 6 inch diameter. Use a little oil to aid in patting the roti.
- Transfer to a skillet and cook both sides over a medium flame until the roti turns brown in colour.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.