- White butter(plain) – 2 table spoons
- Powdered sugar – 1 table spoon
- Cardamom powder – 1 pinch
- Mix all ingredients well. Do not omit this if you are doing the pooja, as this is Lord Krishna’s favourite!
- Sukku (dried ginger) – 2 inch piece
- Jaggery – 2 table spoons
- Crush the sukku with a kitchen mortar and pestle(ulakkai) to a powder.
- Mix with the jaggery. This is important for digestion.
Sukku powder is also available ready made in stores, but the freshly crushed powder will have nice flavour and some fibre.